From the birthplace comes out-of-this-world flavors.
Shop Now »
This China green tea’s flavor balances the ethereal fragrance, like drinking the nectar of fresh flowers.
Find the press pot that suits your style.
-10% off all Subscriptions-Subscriber Exclusive Coffees-Discounted Shipping-Convenience and Flexibility
Learn More »
Ready to explore the world of Peet’s? These sampler collections will introduce you to some of our favorites.
The perfect balance between rich, hand pulled Peet’s Espresso Forte, natural Madagascar vanilla syrup, and cold, creamy half & half.
Please log in below.
An account is required for subscriptions, but you will get a chance to create that during checkout.
Known as a pristine coffeemaker, Chemex® employs all of the chemically correct methods for brewing. Its hourglass-shaped flask is made entirely of glass, a chemically inert material that does not absorb odors or chemical residues. The 8 Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker includes a polished wood collar with leather tie. 9" tall with a diameter of 5 ¼". Holds 40 oz.
Chemex® Brewing Instructions
1. Fill kettle with measured water and heat to boiling. While the water is heating, rinse the folded paper filter with good tap water.
2. Separate the 1st layer from the other layers of the folded square, forming a funnel.
3. Place into the top of the Chemex maker and pour the coffee grounds into the funnel.
4. Once the water has reached a boil, remove from heat and cool for 30 seconds.
5. Pour a third of the heated water over the grounds to saturate. The grounds will puff up and deflate slightly.
6. Slowly pour the remainder of the heated water over the grounds, aiming for the center of the funnel. Do not stir.
7. Allow the coffee to filter through completely. The complete brew process may take up to 10 minutes.
8. Remove the filter and swirl the carafe full of brewed coffee to evenly distribute the flavor.
For best results, use with Chemex filters or the stainless steel Kone Coffee filter.
I purchased my Chemex in 1969 and have been using it ever since. An easy, efficient way to make a good cup of coffee. I guess they saw the "drip over" 40 years before the coffee marketeers.
I purchased my Chemex coffee maker some time ago solely to own it. Simple and elegant in design, I just wanted to add it to my collection of brewing equipment. Little did I realize, it also produces an amazing cup of coffee. Using a proper grind, the end result is nothing short of wonderful. Vibrant, robust, and never compromised of quality, a Chemex is a must-have for any coffee aficionado.
Auto Coupon Caught!