Product DetailsFind the perfect cold brew coffee » Features
- Brew 650 ml or about 5 cups.
- Just coffee grounds and water are needed. Ice cubes are not required.
- Let it sit in a refrigerator for eight hours. Prepare it at night, then delicious coffee is ready the next morning.
- A polyester mesh filter exclusively for ground coffee is used. It helps with brewing cold coffee.
- Removable bottle spout and stopper/ Silicone rubber
- Strainer/ Polypropylene
- Dishwasher safe
- Made in Japan
What is cold brewed coffee and what are the benefits?
When brewed with cold water, tannin and caffeine do not easily effuse. You can enjoy most coffee free of bitter or astringent taste.
What coffees are good for cold brewing?
Generally, blends that are light and medium roasts makes great cold brew coffee, but there are a few dark roast coffees that makes for amazing cold brewed coffees.
01Measure & Grind
Measure and grind 250 grams of freshly roasted coffee beans to the consistency of coarse sea salt.
Peet's tip: 250 grams is just over a half-pound of coffee. A finer grind will cause over-extraction during the brewing process.
02Prepare & Brew
Add ground coffee to the cold brewer filter and then slowly pour in 1 liter of cold, freshly filtered water. Allow the grounds to bloom for at least 30 seconds. Then carefully pour in the remaining ¼ liter (250 ml) of fresh, cold water.
Peet's tip: Use the back of a spoon or whisk to gently push any dry grounds below the surface of water until all of the grounds are saturated.
Let the coffee brew for a minimum of 12 hours. You can brew at room temperature or in your refrigerator.
Lift the filter and let the cold brew concentrated drain completely before discarding the grounds.
To serve, dilute 1 part cold brew concentrate with 2 parts cold water. Adjust the strength to your taste.