6 egg yolks
¾ cup white sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 ¼ cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound mascarpone cheese
2 servings freshly brewed Peet’s Espresso Capsules
2 tablespoons rum
2 packages ladyfinger cookies
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Select your favorite Peet’s Espresso capsule blend and prepare two ristretto or espresso servings.
2. In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
3. In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form. Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
4. In a small bowl, combine Peet’s Espresso and rum. Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise and drizzle with espresso mixture.
5. Arrange half of soaked ladyfingers in bottom of a 7x11 inch dish. Spread half of mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, until set.