ORGANIC MINT MATCHA FAUX-JITO RECIPE
The traditional Cuban Mojito has become a staple warm weather sipper thanks to its bright and refreshing combination of fresh mint and lime, both of which complement the cocktail’s alcoholic ingredient, rum. We’ve taken inspiration from this combo to craft our alcohol-free mocktail, the Organic Mint Matcha Faux-jito.
THE WHOLE LEAF
Matcha is the ultimate green tea experience because one consumes the actual tea leaf itself. Mighty Leaf Organic Mint Matcha uses only the flesh of Usucha grade green tea leaves, finely-ground in specially designed, sealed production rooms. The milling is very slow and kept at cool temperatures to retain the fresh rich taste of the tea, as well as vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll, and the unique L-theanine amino acids found almost exclusively in green tea.
With the advanced grinding technology now available in Japan, it’s become possible to introduce other ingredients for taste and aroma. We use Japan-grown organic peppermint, ground to a superfine powder, rather than a mint oil or flavor, in our Organic Mint Matcha. What you taste is the whole, pure mint leaf itself, perfectly balanced to harmonize with the rich umami of the whole green tea leaves in the matcha.
SUMMER DAY DRINKING
We upped the energy of a traditional Mojito with a scoop of our new Organic Mint Matcha—its pure, mint flavor is brightened even further by fresh mint and lime—and we made it perfect for everyone to enjoy by making it into a mocktail. Of course, for those who imbibe, you’re welcome to add a splash of rum.
ORGANIC MINT MATCHA FAUX-JITO
1 teaspoon Mighty Leaf Organic Mint Matcha
2 oz freshly drawn water
10 mint leaves + 1 sprig for garnish
1 oz simple syrup*
8 oz club soda
1 lime wedge
- Sift the Organic Mint Matcha through a sieve into a small cup or bowl. Whisk the matcha with 2 oz water and set aside.
- Muddle the 10 mint leaves with the simple syrup at the bottom of a 12 oz glass.
- Fill the glass with ice and add the club soda. Top with the whisked matcha and a squeeze of the lime wedge.
- Garnish with the mint sprig, stir, and enjoy.
* To make simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan on the stove top over medium-low heat and swirl gently until sugar is dissolved. Let cool and store in the refrigerator.