EASY RECIPE FOR COLD BREW AT HOME
COLD BREW AT HOME: IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE COMPLICATED
How to make cold brew coffee at home: it’s easier than it seems. You don’t need special equipment. In fact, you can set up your own, personal-sized serving using a Mason jar and let it brew overnight, and it will be ready for easy sipping in the a.m. Your homemade cold brew will be smooth—not bitter or watery—and you can dress it up or keep it simple, depending on how you like it.
FOUR WAYS TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR COLD BREW
You can even personalize your easy cold brew. Here are our top four ways to make it your own.
- Try adding a dash of cinnamon to the grounds, or a cardamom pod.
- Muddle some mint leaves with equal parts sugar and water on the stovetop for a minty simple syrup to drizzle into your cold brew.
- Double your buzz and add a spoonful of honey.
- A grating of fresh orange zest brings citrusy brightness.
Whatever your preference, cold brew made at home makes a great base on which to experiment and play with flavor.
WHAT COFFEE IS CRAFTED FOR COLD BREW?
Some beans make much better cold brewed coffee than others, so we crafted Peet’s Baridi Blend specifically to be refreshing and delicious over ice—with the perfect flavor notes and medium roast profile to be bold up front with a crisp, clean finish.
After extensive testing and blending, we chose the very best East African coffees: Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, and Rwanda. These coffees are overtly aromatic—even when chilled—and inherently bright and juicy, revving up the refreshment. With this medium roast blend, the payoff is as surprising as it is sweet. That's why, even though it's an excellent hot coffee, Baridi Blend makes the ideal cold brewed sipper.
COLD BREW AT HOME RECIPE
INGREDIENTS + SUPPLIES
- Fill the T-Sac Filter to the top with coffee grounds + place in Mason jar.
- Pour water through the grounds to fully saturate, then fill jar to the brim.
- Leave out overnight at room temperature for at least 8 hours.
- Remove T-Sac, add ice, milk and sweetener of choice, and enjoy!