Sweetened Hazelnut Coffee with Whipped Cream Recipe
The Piemonte region of Italy is famous for its hazelnuts, where they are paired with chocolate to make famous candies as well as an intensely decadent hot beverage known as bicerìn. Coffee, too, pairs extremely well with hazelnut's naturally sweet richness. A dollop of whipped cream turns this sweet hazelnut coffee into a true indulgence. We think it's the perfect way to elevate your everyday cup to something a little extra special.
We chose Peet's Big Bang as our base coffee for this recipe.
SWEETENED HAZELNUT COFFEE WITH WHIPPED CREAM
Makes 1 cup simple syrup
1 cup granulated sugar
Peet's Big Bang Coffee
1 cup filtered water
2 teaspoons hazelnut extract
- Combine the sugar and water in a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer while stirring occasionally.
- Simmer on low for 5 minutes until all the sugar is dissolved and the liquid thickens just slightly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the hazelnut extract.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator. Use within 10 days.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon to a cup of Peet's Big Bang coffee, add cream and top with whipped cream for a special treat. Increase the amount of syrup as you wish for a sweeter taste.