Peet’s Coffee Peetnik Rewards Launch Celebration (“The Sweepstakes”) OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR, WHICH ARE BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. WINNING A PRIZE IS CONTINGENT UPON FULFILLING ALL REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH HEREIN. Do not enter this Sweepstakes if you are ineligible as set forth below at the time of entry. Individuals who participate in the Sweepstakes or submit an entry are sometimes referred to herein as “Entrant” or “you.”
1. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: Peet’s Coffee, Inc., 1400 Park Avenue, Emeryville, CA 94608 (“Sponsor”).
2. SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTIONAL PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on October 20, 2021 and ends at 8 p.m. PT on November 2, 2021 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. DESCRIPTION OF SWEEPSTAKES: Peet’s Coffee, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) is offering the “Peetnik Rewards Launch Celebration” (the “Sweepstakes”) and will award Feature Prizes via random selection to all eligible entrants and Grand Prizes via a random selection of eligible entrants. The Sweepstakes begins October 20, 2021 and ends November 2, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor will extend invitations to Peetnik Rewards Members to participate by email, push message, in-app message, Peets.com, and social media. The Sweepstakes is available for entry by making a purchase in-store and scanning the Member’s QR code in the Peet’s Coffee app at time of purchase, or by placing a Mobile Order Ahead order with the Peet’s Coffee app during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants can also submit a Free Entry Form via email as described in these terms and conditions.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Entities (defined below) from any and all damages whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States (and the District of Columbia) at Peet’s retail store locations in: California, Colorado, Washington D.C., Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, Oregon, Virginia, and Washington excluding, New York. Sweepstakes is not valid nor will you receive Points for purchase transactions at non-participating locations, such as licensed partners and Proudly Pouring locations that are owned and operated by third parties. Legal residents must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and be members of the Peetnik Rewards Program at the time of entry. The following are NOT eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Released Parties”: the “Sweepstakes Entities” (defined as Sponsor, its employees, officers, directors, representatives, members, equity holders, and agents; Sponsor’s affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, agents, partners, successors, assigns, and advertising, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies; the employees, officers, directors, representatives, members, equity holders, and agents of each of the foregoing; members of the Sweepstakes Entities’ immediate families (defined as including spouses, biological, adoptive, and step parents, grandparents, children, and grandchildren, siblings, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside); and persons living in the same households of the Sweepstakes Entities’ immediate families (whether related or not). Non-eligibility will result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Entrants. Void in Rhode Island, Tennessee, all U.S. territories and possessions, overseas military installations, and where prohibited by law, rule, or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
5. HOW TO WIN A FEATURE PRIZE: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible Entrants must be members of the Peetnik Rewards Program and make one (1) qualifying purchase or submit one (1) Free Entry Form via email to PeetnikRewardsSweeps@peets.com which includes the indicated Subject Line below, your First Name, Last Name, and the Peetnik Rewards email address associated with your account to earn a Feature Prize. Entries for Featured Prizes are limited to a maximum of 14 total entries per Entrant during the Sweepstakes Period (one (1) per day for the fourteen (14) day period). Feature Prizes will be randomly selected for each Entrant, and each Entrant is guaranteed to win a Feature Prize for each verified qualifying purchase or Free Entry Form emailed to PeetnikRewardsSweeps@peets.com. Prizes will be awarded to verified accounts no later than thirty (30) days from end of the Sweepstakes Period.
a. MAKE A QUALIFYING PURCHASE: Using your free Peet’s Coffee app, you can receive one (1) entry by scanning the QR code in your app in-store at the register prior to the completion of your transaction, or by placing a mobile order ahead order. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period.
b. FREE ENTRY FORM: To submit a Free Entry Form, please ensure your email communication to PeetnikRewardsSweeps@peets.com is received by 8 PM PT each day during the Sweepstakes and contains all the necessary information so Peet’s Coffee, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) can accurately identify your Peetnik Rewards account. Any submissions which cannot be accurately identified may not be awarded the associated Feature Prize. Please submit with:
i. Subject Line: Peetnik Sweeps Entry
ii. First Name and Last Name (as found in your Peetnik Rewards membership)
iii. Email Address (as used for your Peetnik Rewards membership)
6. HOW TO WIN A GRAND PRIZE: Chances of winning a Grand Prize is impacted by the quantity of entry submissions by an eligible Entrant, with a maximum of 14 entries possible (one (1) per day during the 2-week Sweepstakes Period).Grand Prizes will be randomly selected at the date and time of the Sponsors discretion, and Entrants will be contacted via their Peet’s Coffee app and/or the email address assigned to their Peetnik Rewards Account. Entrants are limited to one (1) Grand Prize winning during the Sweepstakes period. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
Limit one (1) entry per day per person, regardless of the method of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who submits more than the maximum allowed entries. All required information must be provided to enter and to be eligible to win. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By participating, you consent for the Sweepstakes Entities to obtain, use, and transfer your name, address, and other information for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and for other purposes as set forth below.
7. DRAWING: Administrator’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and selection of the Sweepstakes winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes Feature Prize winners from all eligible entries received from each daily qualifying purchase or Free Entry Form email, limit one (1) per day. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes Grand Prize winners from all eligible daily entries received from the daily qualifying purchase entry or Free Form Entry email. Drawings for the Feature Prize will be done daily, and drawings for the Grand Prizes will be done on or around the following dates:
a. Grand Prize Winners: Selection date on or around November 3, 2021
For entries submitted October 20-November 2, 2021
i. 10,000 Bonus Points
ii. 1 Year of Free Beans
iii. 1 Year of Free Peet’s Beverages
Entrants can only win one (1) Grand Prize during the Sweepstakes period, and should the same entrant be selected again, Administrator will award the applicable Grand Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Grand Prize winners have two (2) business days to claim their Grand Prize winning by replying to the Sponsor’s Congratulations email sent by PeetnikRewardsSweeps@peets.com, and should the Grand Prize winner not claim their prize, Administrator will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. If a potential winner of any Grand Prize cannot be contacted, fails to respond or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), or the Grand Prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits his/her/their prize. Receiving a Grand Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules.
8. PRIZES: Feature Prizes are randomly selected for each eligible entry by Entrant. Chances of winning a Grand Prize is impacted by the quantity of entry submissions by an eligible Entrant, with a maximum of 14 entries possible (one (1) per day during the 2-week Sweepstakes Period).
a. FEATURE PRIZES:
FIVE (5) BONUS POINTS (ARV $0.20)(500,000 winners): Five bonus points to be loaded to the winner’s Peetnik Rewards account. No cash value, substitutions, or rainchecks.
TEN (10) BONUS POINTS (ARV $0.40)(100,000 winners): Ten bonus points to be loaded to the winner’s Peetnik Rewards account. No cash value, substitutions, or rainchecks.
TWENTY-FIVE (25) BONUS POINTS (ARV $1.00)(50,000 winners): Twenty-five bonus points to be loaded to the winner’s Peetnik Rewards account.No cash value, substitutions, or rainchecks.
FIFTY (50) BONUS POINTS (ARV $2.00)(10,000 winners): Fifty bonus points to be loaded to the winner’s Peetnik Rewards account. No cash value, substitutions, or rainchecks.
ONE HUNDRED (100) BONUS POINTS (ARV $4.00)(1,500 winners): One hundred bonus points to be loaded to the winner’s Peetnik Rewards account. No cash value, substitutions, or rainchecks.
FIVE HUNDRED (500) BONUS POINTS (ARV $20.00)(200 winners): Five hundred bonus points to be loaded to the winner’s Peetnik Rewards account. No cash value, substitutions, or rainchecks.
ONE THOUSAND (1,000) BONUS POINTS (ARV $40.00)(10 winners): One thousand bonus points to be loaded to the winner’s Peetnik Rewards account.No cash value, substitutions, or rainchecks.
FIVE DOLLAR ($5) DIGITAL PEET’S CARD LOAD (ARV $5.00)(800 winners): Five dollars to be loaded to the digital Peet’s Card in the winner’s Peetnik Rewards account. No cash value, substitutions, or rainchecks.
FIFTY DOLLAR ($50) DIGITAL PEET’S CARD LOAD (ARV $50.00)(20 winners): Fifty dollars to be loaded to the digital Peet’s Card in the winner’s Peetnik Rewards account. No cash value, substitutions, or rainchecks.
ONE (1) FREE PEET’S BEVERAGE (ARV $5.34)(1,000 winners): One free Peet’s beverage reward valid for a beverage of your choice, any size, to be loaded to the winner’s Peetnik Rewards account. Not valid on canned, bottled, or single-size beverages. Not valid on previous purchases. Taxes, surcharges, or fees may apply. No cash value, substitutions, or rainchecks. Must apply offer at checkout. Valid for one-time use. Reward expires after thirty (30) days from issuance and cannot be re-issued.
b. GRAND PRIZES:
TEN THOUSAND (10,000) BONUS POINTS (ARV$400.00) (1 winner): Ten thousand (10,000) bonus points to be loaded to the winner’s Peetnik Rewards account. No cash value, substitutions, or rainchecks. Winners will be notified of their Grand Prize winning through their Peet’s Coffee app, and via a Congratulatory email sent to the email associated with their Peetnik Rewards account. You must respond and claim your prize within 2 business days of receiving our Congratulatory email, or the prize will be redrawn for the next winner.
ONE (1) YEAR OF FREE PEET’S BEVERAGES (ARV $1,949.10) (1 winner): One (1) free beverage reward valid for any size to be loaded to the winner’s Peetnik Rewards account each day for three hundred and sixty-five (365) days. Must apply offer at checkout. Unused Free Beverage Rewards expire at the end of each day (11:59 PM PT) and are forfeited if not used and unused value does not accrue. Not valid on previous purchases. Taxes, surcharges, or fees may apply. No cash value, substitutions, or rainchecks. Must be redeemed at a participating Peet’s Coffeebar retail location. Cannot be redeemed online at Peets.com or at non-participating locations such as licensed partners and Proudly Pouring locations that are owned and operated by third parties. Unused Rewards expire at the end of each calendar month and are forfeited if not used. Winners will be notified of their Grand Prize winning through their Peet’s Coffee app, and via a Congratulatory email sent to the email associated with their Peetnik Rewards account. You must respond and claim your prize within 2 business days of receiving our Congratulatory email, or the prize will be redrawn for the next winner.
ONE (1) YEAR OF FREE PEET’S HANDROASTED BEANS, K-CUPS, OR TEA (ARV $209.00)(1 winner): Two (2) free product rewards for ‘1lb of Coffee Beans’ to be loaded to the winner’s Peetnik Rewards account twice per month each month for twelve (12) months. Reward is valid for 1lb of Signature Blend Beans & K-Cups, Single Origin Beans & K-Cups, Organic Beans & K-Cups, Espresso Capsules, and tea, or you can select ½lb of Peet’s Reserve Blends twice a month for a total of 1lb of Peet’s Reserve Blends per month. Must apply offer at checkout. Unused rewards will be forfeited, and unused value does not accrue. Not valid on previous purchases. Taxes, surcharges, or fees may apply. No cash value, substitutions, or rainchecks. Must be redeemed at a participating Peet’s Coffeebar retail location. Cannot be redeemed online at Peets.com or at non-participating locations such as licensed partners and Proudly Pouring locations that are owned and operated by third parties. Unused Rewards expire at the end of each calendar month and are forfeited if not used. Winners will be notified of their Grand Prize winning through their Peet’s Coffee app, and via a Congratulatory email sent to the email associated with their Peetnik Rewards account. You must respond and claim your prize within 2 business days of receiving our Congratulatory email, or the prize will be redrawn for the next winner.
9. PRIZE AWARDING: The winners will be randomly selected, and prizes will be awarded no later than thirty (30) days after Sweepstakes Period ends. Odds of winning the Prizes will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, including the number of entries in the first and second weeks of the Sweepstakes Period. Winners will be notified by email, push notification (if opted in to receive) or by message in their app feed (“Prize Notification”). Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to complete a W-9 for the purposes of compliance with U.S. tax law.
Entrants grant Sponsor the right to use and publish any winner's proper name and State of residence online in connection with the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner's name and likeness solely for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. The winner shall not be permitted to (a) replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item (b) redeem the prize for cash or (c) transfer or assign his/her designated prize to another person. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
11. GENERAL: You agree to comply fully with each provision in these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules, will be ineligible for any prize(s) and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If, during the Sweepstakes Period, for reasons beyond the Sponsor’s control (including, but not limited to, pandemic, tampering or computer virus infection), the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes, without liability and to the extent feasible, and will select and official winner and award the prize from among entries received prior to cancellation or modification via random drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays. Incomplete, inaccurate, irregular, or otherwise non-compliant Entries are void. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. BY PARTICIPATING, ALL ENTRANTS AND ANY PRIZE WINNERS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY, DEATH, OR LOSSES, TO ANY PERSON OR PROPERTY OF ANY KIND, AS WELL AS CLAIMS/ACTIONS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, THAT MAY ARISE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
By entering this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to the following Statement:
I expressly understand that Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California provides substantially as follows: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM, MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH DEBTOR.” The provisions of this Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California and any similar law of any state, territory, or other jurisdiction are hereby expressly waived.
13. RELEASE OF LIABILITY, FORUM SELECTION AND CHOICE OF LAW: By participating you release the Sponsor, their affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all Sweepstakes Entities associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes and their respective employees, officers, directors and shareholders (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participating in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of prizes.
You also agree that the Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to your or third person's computer system related to or resulting from you entering the Sweepstakes or the downloading of any materials associated with the Sweepstakes (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction), either directly or indirectly.
You agree that Released Parties shall not be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses or costs or losses of any kind resulting from your participation or inability to participate in this Sweepstakes or parts thereof or acceptance of, use of or inability to use a prize or parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Official Winner agrees to release the Released Parties from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to the prize (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death). Official Winner acknowledges the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, related to the prize.
Released Parties shall not be liable for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond Released Parties’ sole control.
All Federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. Some states do not permit the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or certain kinds of damages, so some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you and you may have additional rights.
CALIFORNIA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) LOCATED IN SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. THE SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
14. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any judicial proceeding shall take place exclusively in the appropriate federal or state court located in San Francisco, California; (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, if any, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250), and in no event will attorneys’ fees be recoverable; (iv) other than for actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to seek indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive, or other damages, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (v) Entrant’s remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and he/she waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief; and (vi) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes, and any dispute arising under or related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct, or otherwise) will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to any conflicts of law or choice of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s or jurisdiction’s laws.
15. SEVERABILITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained herein.
16. MISCELLANEOUS: These Official Rules contain the full and complete understanding with respect to the Sweepstakes and supersede all prior and contemporaneous agreements, representations and understandings, whether oral or written. The headings herein are for convenience only, do not constitute a part of these Official Rules, and shall not be deemed to limit or affect any of the provisions hereof. No amendment to, or waiver of, any provision of these Official Rules shall be effective unless in writing and signed by Peet’s Coffee. The waiver by the Sweepstakes Entities of any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of any other provision herein. The rights and obligations hereunder may not be assigned by Entrant, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of Sponsor, and any attempted assignment in violation of the foregoing shall be null and void. These Official Rules shall be binding upon, and inure to the benefit of, the permitted successors and assigns of the Sweepstakes Entities and Entrant.
17. INFORMATION ABOUT THE WINNERS: To request of the name of the winners by mail, send a self-address, postage-affixed envelope no later than December 2, 2021 to Peetnik Rewards Launch Celebration Winners, Peet’s Coffee, Inc. 1400 Park Avenue, Emeryville, CA 94608-3520
18. COMMUNICATION: If you have any questions or comments regarding this Sweepstakes send an email to PeetnikRewardsSweeps@peets.com with a subject line of “[Inquiry: Peetnik Rewards Sweeps]”.
19. SPONSOR: Peet’s Coffee, Inc. 1400 Park Avenue Emeryville, CA 94608-3520
Have questions? Please see the Sweepstakes Frequently Asked Questions.
Don’t have the Peet’s App? Download the app now.